TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

abrzq

Oct 6, 2023
General question on cold-emailing small firms or legal services startups for internship opportunities:

Should the email be addressed to their generic careers email or targeted at a specific person within the company (or both)?

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
I am genuinely so confused by SH. The firm has sent ONE email (received yesterday) asking me to complete an assessment by 12th with no information on what to prepare for. For instance, if it has VI questions, I need to know so that I can have the set up ready and yet I have not been provided with additional information so like what am I supposed to do? 😭🤣🥲 Honestly I am super interested in their work but the whole recruitment process has been frustrating so far and given a really bad impression.

Reactions: Sharon Wu

lookingforaTC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2024
I am genuinely so confused by SH. The firm has sent ONE email (received yesterday) asking me to complete an assessment by 12th with no information on what to prepare for. For instance, if it has VI questions, I need to know so that I can have the set up ready and yet I have not been provided with additional information so like what am I supposed to do? 😭🤣🥲 Honestly I am super interested in their work but the whole recruitment process has been frustrating so far and given a really bad impression.
Stephenson Harwood, DWF and DLA Piper have the worst graduate recruitment.

legal1803

Feb 17, 2024
really? my email also says 'Immediately after the interactive assessment, there will be four video interview questions for you to complete. These are standard interview questions that will assess your motivation for applying to the role and why you would be a good fit.'

Miss Chocolate

Legendary Member
Nov 27, 2023
really? my email also says 'Immediately after the interactive assessment, there will be four video interview questions for you to complete. These are standard interview questions that will assess your motivation for applying to the role and why you would be a good fit.'
mine reads quite differently :/ do you reckon it's a different process for different offices? I applied to the Dubai office. if anyone else has also, please DM me

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.