TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
In virtual interviews do firms use questions from the application form and if they do can you provide the same or similar answer as the one in the application form?
I personally think that there is nothing wrong in using the same answer in a video interview, especially because saying an answer out loud may sound completely different from reading it. The questions are not the exact same as the applications most of the time but they do have common undertones so I would take that in mind, but they are different in nature for the most part. It depends on the firm to be honest.

ljms

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2024
I'm doing the Akin test and for part two with the sliders, I am getting this error, "There are questions that have not been interacted with. Are you sure you wish to continue?" despite interacting with all the questions on the page. Are you meant to slide all the way to one side or the other or use the full slider?

legallybrunette8

Esteemed Member
Sep 9, 2023
8cewct.jpg
just got a PFO from fieldfisher.. that was not the email i wanted but oh well

Cynthia14

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023
    In the same boat for Freshfields (I'm non-law), expected a PFO - nothing. Did the WG last week - other friend (non-law) who applied was rejected pre-WG and another friend (law) got an AC invite last week. One wonders if there might be another batch of slots coming out?? Ugh, this is really painful.
    I know some law students did the WG but still haven‘t receive the AC yet

AlCapone

Star Member
    Jan 23, 2023
    I am pretty sure they mean anything otherwise they would have specified pertaining to the business or corporate world so have fun with this question. I remember hearing people talking about a diverse set of topics in the HSF application. Some people talked about Taylor Swift, or swimming, climbing, music or anything like that. It really is a chance to showcase who you are and your interests so show them just that. Ideally, if you want to keep it more professional or legal adjacent, I would probably talk about how helping others excites me or how reading about successful lawyers helping people in danger really inspired me, mentioning famous lawyers or something like that. The question is open and general because they are interested in you so be creative and talk about your genuine interests!
    Thanks Axel, really appreciate the response!!!

Reactions: axelbeugre

Giorgos

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 5, 2023
    For Reed Smith's legal high potential assessment, it says that it usually takes around 30 to 40 minutes but you do not need to complete it in one sitting. Does that mean that I can start the assessment answer some questions, take a break and then continue?
    Also for the virtual interview, it states that it is untimed and there is unlimited preparation for it. Does that mean that when I see the questions I will have unlimited time to prepare before recording or that I can record my response many times before submitting it?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.