TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

RonRod13

Distinguished Member
Nov 18, 2023
There’s a holding email they send
Was it this one?

"
Thank you for your recent application for a 2024 summer placement with Sullivan & Cromwell LLP.

The Recruitment Committee will review your application for a summer placement and we will respond to you further.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Sullivan & Cromwell; we look forward to being in contact with you again.

In the meantime, should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me."

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023
    Does anyone know how written case studies are marked? Also, do you guys have any do's or don'ts? Thank you :)

Big fan of everything Jacob Miller on this:

• 🏆
    Reactions: NJS and addy2004

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Hi guys, I have an AC with HSF and was looking for any preparation tips. I am a STEM student and therefore my course can't offer me any advice on preparation for this, it is also my first cycle of vac scheme apps and my first one through to this stage so any advice or tips/tricks would be really appreciated!!!
    Hey @Patrick,

First of all congratulations for getting through this stage as a first time applicant, this is amazing and exciting!

I have shared some tips on this post which might be helpful to you: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ons-discussion-thread-2023-4.8038/post-150732

I also included some tips for case study preparations which might be helpful to you for the HSF assessment in this post here: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-156677

Congratulations once again and good luck with the assessment centre, I am sure you will smash it!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    anyone have advice for wither's written application? each response is 60 words so how much detail should you include?
    With such a limited amount of words, I would go straight to the points with you answers, immediately replying to the exact question without adding unnecessary wording. If the questions ask you about your motivations for a career in law or the firm, I would stick to a 2 reasons why answer, linking these two reasons to your personal experiences and motivations (very briefly).

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Does anyone know how written case studies are marked? Also, do you guys have any do's or don'ts? Thank you :)
    I have shared some tips on them on this post that you might find useful: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-156677

I personally do not know how these are marked, I do not think anyone does. The only thing you should focus on is doing your best and remembering that it is not the only part of the application that is assessed but there are other parts that are going to be just as important.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.