Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I
If you separate interviews at an assessment centre, would it be fine to reuse questions to ask at the end to interviewers? I don't know if they'd discuss with their fellow interviewers what they were asked and therefore make my questions seem disingenuous or pre-planned.

Would you have any input please @Jessica Booker?
They could discuss this after the interviews. It really depends that the question is - if it’s asking your interviewers’ opinion or personal experience on something, then it is not so much of an issue to repeat the question.

However, I would try to aim to ask different questions throughout the day. It is your opportunity to find out more about the firm and asking the same question won’t give you an opportunity to learn more.

It is not an issue at all if your questions are pre planned.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Do firms usually provide extra financial support for accom when doing a vac scheme? Especially those that are 2+ weeks, it quickly adds up!!
Most firms won’t give it to all vacation scheme students as it basically is a similar cost to the weekly salary, and therefore doubles their costs.

Some firms may provide a form of bursary depending on your financial circumstances though, but it’s usually a top up payment rather than paying for all your accommodation costs/providing accommodation.

pc550

Jan 7, 2024
got an email last wednesday from Simmons and Simmons saying that I have applied twice this recruitment year so my application will not proceed, but it's my first time applying. emailed them three times no response. should I assume ive been rejected?

• Sad
Reactions: jplaw1010

jplaw1010

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
got an email last wednesday from Simmons and Simmons saying that I have applied twice this recruitment year so my application will not proceed, but it's my first time applying. emailed them three times no response. should I assume ive been rejected?
That's really odd, you could ring up tomorrow morning and explain your situation?

user23

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 8, 2023
DLA piper told me this on 23 Nov 23

"Thank you for completing the DLA Piper Video Interview.

We are pleased to tell you that you have successfully achieved the benchmark and will now be considered for a place at one of our in-person assessment centres.

Please be aware that although you have successfully reached this stage of the process you may not secure a space at an assessment centre. With limited spaces, we will now consider all who have reached this stage and shortlist. Please do not worry if you don’t hear from us, we are working hard to update everyone as soon as is possible."

I've still not heard back, are assessment centres ongoing or have I not gone through?

Also, I did the Trowers McQuaig test but didnt get a confirmation email for completing it. Anyone heard back from Trowers RE assessment centre? Anyone also not get a confirmation email?

SerGo2507

Standard Member
Jan 10, 2024
I've yet to hear back from Addleshaw Goddard after applying on 4/1, anyone heard back? I also sent off my video interview for CMS on 20/12 and yet to hear back. Anyone heard back from either firms?
Sent my VI off on the same day and yet to hear. Chaser email got the response of “thank you for being patient, we’re still reviewing applications.”.

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    Did you also include your extra-curricular activities in the work experience section? If not, it would be worth going into detail about them here in my opinion. I use to include only actual internships in my work experience section so I had still extra-curricular experiences to talk about so I would suggest that if you have a lot of professional experiences, I would not include your volunteering and extra-curricular activities such as sports etc. in the work experience section. This allows you to speak about those in these sort of questions or in questions that ask for additional information about you.
    I see, thank you so much. That’s really helpful!

Reactions: axelbeugre

lawgurl90

Star Member
    Jan 3, 2024
    Hello, I received an email from the recruitment team at a law firm today, stating that I hadn't supplied my GCSE grades. I panicked and immediately replied, sending my grades and apologies. However, I just checked the portal, and my grades are already there. Should I email again and point this out? Also, will this negatively impact my application? I'm really stressed out because I put a lot of time into this application.

Pennine Valley

Esteemed Member
    Nov 18, 2023
    Hello, I received an email from the recruitment team at a law firm today, stating that I hadn't supplied my GCSE grades. I panicked and immediately replied, sending my grades and apologies. However, I just checked the portal, and my grades are already there. Should I email again and point this out? Also, will this negatively impact my application? I'm really stressed out because I put a lot of time into this application.
    They’ve made a mistake so point that out to them

AlCapone

Star Member
    Jan 23, 2023
    What skills do you think are needed to be a successful solicitor at ... ? (250 words)
    For a 250 word question should you describe how you possess those skills or simply state them and why you believe they are needed to be a successful solicitor at (insert firm name)???

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.