TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Victor87

Distinguished Member
Apr 19, 2023
Would anyone who used jobtestprep to prepare for their WG and managed to go to the next stage (or generally get a good score) be willing to pm me? I'm trying to gauge the scores I should be getting on there to be comfortable with taking actual WG tests

Kodak123

Esteemed Member
Jan 17, 2023
Yeah, I guess you're right. it's just the wait that's extremely debilitating - it's even approaching the degree to where my studies are becoming materially affected by it. If my application is inevitably going to be rejected, I'd rather know as soon as possible to best mitigate the fallout damage.

Nah Milbank is defo done, they’ve offered places for their schemes

• Sad
Reactions: Sharon Wu

legalgrinch

Distinguished Member
  • Nov 30, 2023
    Out of interest - how do people remain concentrated/switched on throughout an assessment day?

Reflecting back on my recent post-ACs, I felt I lacked energy and my concentration levels were low towards the end of the second half of the day. For my Slaughters interview, my mind was elsewhere when the partner was speaking to me, and I was dazed out.

Any tips to overcome this? Anyone faced a similar situation? I want to avoid this for future AC's.

Reactions: Miss Chocolate

futuretrainee2024

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 2, 2022
    Out of interest - how do people remain concentrated/switched on throughout an assessment day?

Reflecting back on my recent post-ACs, I felt I lacked energy and my concentration levels were low towards the end of the second half of the day. For my Slaughters interview, my mind was elsewhere when the partner was speaking to me, and I was dazed out.

Any tips to overcome this? Anyone faced a similar situation? I want to avoid this for future AC's.
    accept the endless coffees they offer throughout the day and you're good lol

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.