TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
How does one prepare for a vacation scheme?
Hey,

First of all congratulations in getting one! This is amazing!

I shared some tips on how to convert a vacation scheme to a training contract and I basically did everything that I listed there, the post in question is here: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-169320

There is also another post with great advice here:

Thread 'Converting your vacation scheme into a training contract - top tips in 2021'
https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....to-a-training-contract-top-tips-in-2021.3454/

I hope these will give you a first basis to start preparing for your upcoming one(s).

Good luck with them!

Reactions: Sharon Wu

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Do law firms give equal consideration to your applications if you re-apply the next cycle after being rejected for a first-stage interview in a previous cycle?
In some instances, yes. But if they hold your data beyond the period of time between your first and second application, or they ask you to disclose whether you have applied before, they are probably going to look more closely at what you have done since your last application - to see if there is growth and development since your unsuccessful application.

• ℹ️
Reactions: tcplease2345 and Sharon Wu

tcplease2345

Valued Member
Feb 6, 2024
In some instances, yes. But if they hold your data beyond the period of time between your first and second application, or they ask you to disclose whether you have applied before, they are probably going to look more closely at what you have done since your last application - to see if there is growth and development since your unsuccessful application.
Thank you!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.