TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

nj3352

Star Member
Jan 4, 2024
Please explain your motivations for pursuing a career as a commercial solicitor and why you think Norton Rose Fulbright would be a good match for you (750 words) - should this be answered as a cover letter e.g. dear grad rec... i am a 2nd year law student at x uni... thank u for considering my app etc.?

iz1

Jan 5, 2024
Yeah I could only get mine after I got a pfo for summer TC, they didn’t give the actual score but I was told my percentile
So sorry about the PFO :// Do you mind sharing if you were happy with your percentile? I've heard of other law firms rejecting people who were in like the 93rd percentile which is crazyy

Reactions: Zi48

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
So sorry about the PFO :// Do you mind sharing if you were happy with your percentile? I've heard of other law firms rejecting people who were in like the 93rd percentile which is crazyy
I was in the 80th percentile, but this was a direct TC app in July, not sure if they could have different cutoffs for VS and TC

But they also look at applications again after WG so the pfo might not have been cause of the score

Reactions: iz1

helga_p

Sep 11, 2023
Thank you so much! Just want to clarify your last point

Should I focus on discussing how AI is used by law firms for tasks like document review and predictive analytics, or how AI is used by candidates in the recruitment processes within these firms?
The question specifically asks about the recruitment process, so I think you should focus on that.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.