TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

iz1

Jan 5, 2024
I don't think we should. I remember some ppl only getting their WG on Tuesday and they should get 3 days to complete it (which mean the dl is tomorrow morning.) Maybe Freshfields is waiting for those ppl result before getting back to us
I was thinking that too, but if their system is that they add our application score and test score together and see if we meet the benchmark, surely they already know if we're in/out

Heartofglass

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2023
I was thinking that too, but if their system is that they add our application score and test score together and see if we meet the benchmark, surely they already know if we're in/out
Perhaps they are trying to get, idk, the top 100 candidates that will go to the next round which means they will have to wait for all

Chelsea1

Star Member
  • Aug 7, 2023
    Holding myself accountable (again):

A&O (TC) - ✅ 📕📍❌
    Slaughters (TC) - ✅ 📍❌
    Jones Day - ✅ 📞📍❌
    Ashurst - ✅ 📕📍❌
    W&C - ✅ 📞
    CMS (TC) - ✅ 📕📞
    Taylor Wessing - ✅ 📕 (test decision TBD)
    Covington - ✅
    Hogan Lovells - ✅ 📕 (passed)
    Sidley Austin - ✅
    Milbank - ✅
    Cooley - ✅
    Gibson Dunn - ✅
    Herbert Smith Freehills - ✅ 📕❌ (didn't reach test benchmark)
    Travers Smith - ✅ ❌
    Clifford Chance (TC) - ✅ 📕❌ (passed test)
    Linklaters - ✅ 📕❌

First (technically second, but last year I didn't know what I was doing) app cycle, so feeling good. If anyone has insights into Travers, Freshfields (TC), NRF or Bakers app process lmk, can give some help with the firms listed above! :)

✅ - applied 📕- online test📞- telephone/video interview 🖊️ - written exercise📍- AC❌ - PFO
    Hi, what do you mean by 'passed' next to Hogan Lovells? Thank you :)

ia1234555

Jan 10, 2024
    So sorry to hear that. Hope you’re feeling brighter now? I don’t normally get upset but this one stings. It’s the furthest I’ve got with any of them (TI) and genuinely thought it had gone well but apparently not 😞
    definitely feeling better and it pushed me to write another app so I have even more options. Hopefully you continue to advance on the other ones you have in the works.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.