TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Amy Lucy

Star Member
Dec 26, 2023
WFW PFO
Stings as it was one of my top firms and i literally work in maritime and aerospace (3rd one today... hoping to get 1 more today so it's an even number) x
Sorry to hear this, but now that you have had experience with applications with these firms you will be a much stronger candidate in future applications! Do you have any advice by any chance for the WFW? the video interview deadline is today for me if anybody could give insight would really appreciate

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hey everyone - first time poster here! I've recieved one assessment day for Cleary Gottlieb and one final-stage interview for Slaughters (as for vac schemes they have no ACs). I was wondering, at this stage, what my chances of securing an offer for a vac scheme were? I know the answer won't change anything as I will prepare in the same way. But I was wondering nonetheless.
I would say that it is pretty difficult to say but as far as I am aware you have a very good chance if the interviews go well since you have surpassed the most difficult part which was getting the offer.

Good luck with them and I am sure you will succeed at both and congratulations for obtaining the offer!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
anyone know what they mean by "please give details" under the language skills section in applications ?
I would imagine that it is directed to those individuals who have multiple languages and they want to explain whether English is their first language or second etc etc. If that is the case then explain that, otherwise just leave it blank and just put English as first language if that is your situation.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Happy Friday everyone!!
If anyone needs a sign of motivation here it is…

1. This is my first cycle applying
  2. Yes I have applied to way too Many firms
  3. Yes I have a rejections sheet which is just as impressive 😭
  4. I probably won’t get any offers due to the sheer amount I have applied to but I’ve found joy in applying.
  5. how did I find the time? I had a week or so off of work as I was sick and used that time to apply x Christmas break.
I had a mind block after my Fieldfisher PFO post TI and wanted to give up all together. But I’d say rejection pushed me to apply to more places. There are some firms I’ve put more effort into than others, and others I applied to just to improve my understanding of tests.
View attachment 5556
This is such an amazing motivation post, thank you to @Legalstalker! This reminds me of my table last year and after the many rejections, offers started to come so always believe in yourself and be confident in the process! I hope this motivates a lot of people!

• 🤝
Reactions: Legalstalker

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
Would anyone have any good resources on preparing for case studies/scenario interviews?

I’ve watched A&O’s Anatomy of a Deal but really want to familiarise myself more with contract law fundamentals, how a M&A deal would be structured etc as feel that’s an area I’d be weaker on. Thank you!

Reactions: Sharon Wu

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Is a deal from late 2021 considered 'recent'?
If it is late 2021 I think this is just about okay. But sometimes certain type of deals don’t happen a lot (especially over the last couple of years where deal activity has been a bit limited at times), and things like litigation cases can also take many years - so if it’s particularly unique or long winded 2021 might not be so bad.

Reactions: futuretrainee2024

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.