axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Which firms besides Ropes doesn’t allow LPC students to apply? Bit worried now
I personally do not know, as far as I am aware it is only Ropes but it might be worth doing some research on that. However, law firms will potentially require you to do the SQE 2 even though you have the LPC so there is something to remember. But I personally would not worry too much about this. Law firms will support you in everything you need once you get a training contract so do not be disheartened!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
I did the Milbank AC yesterday and the written exercise was handwritten (to my surprise, as the ones I have completed have all be typed). Now, I have abysmal handwriting and am worried that it might work against me when grad rec go through it. Due to the short notice of the AC, I was so preoccupied with prepping that I neglected to inform grad rec that I was entitled to a laptop during my A-level exams on account of my poor handwriting. Is it worth contacting grad rec explaining the issue? @Jessica Booker, your insight would be welcomed.
I think that it might be too late for that as you probably should have contacted them before the assessment. Making you do another assessment after the handwritten one might not be fair for the other candidates too so I personally would not email them about this. I am sure your handwriting is fine and they will be able to read the content of your answers so do not worry. I understand this is easier said than done but you already got the chance of interviewing with an amazing firm which means you are extremely intelligent and deserving to be there.

Good luck with the result!!

Reactions: CorporateCrocodile

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
In general is it an accepted practice to email grad rec about the status of your application, if you have not heard from them while others have received invites etc.?
It is, especially if you have a compelling reasons as to why you want to know the results soon. I would email only if you have issues with other offers received or visa issues if you are an international student.

Reactions: thenublawyer

dms21

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2023
Has anyone heard from Simmons? I applied in October and completed the test in early November but haven’t heard anything yet
I applied in early November for the London office and received a PFO in December. I've seen some people receive AC invites here. If you haven't heard anything, means you're still in the running! good luck!!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.