TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

os111

Jan 22, 2023
Has anyone completed the WBD online assessment? What does the test consist of? SJT, Verbal reasoning, WG or a combination? Also, how long do we have to record our answers for the VI? Thanks in advance!
It’s a mix of best/worst mc questions, a few maths mc and 3 video interview questions - unlimited time to prepare, 2 mins to record

Pennine Valley

Esteemed Member
Nov 18, 2023
Has anyone done the Amberjack blended online assessment and willing to discuss their feedback report with me? My own results felt a little underwhelming 🤔 I'm a bit sceptical on how an SJT would be the right means to test something like "Creative Force".
It’s just nonsense and a way of trimming down the applicants don’t worry about it

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker, what is the correct way to mention upcoming vac schemes in interviews? Is it something I can mention as it may make me look more impressive? Or does it not do much to worth mentioning?
I wouldn’t force it into answers but you may find it naturally comes up via the questions you are asked, and if so, it’s fine to reference you have other vacation schemes. Be prepared that a follow up question to this might be about the difference estate them and the firm(s) you have secured VS with.

Reactions: NJS

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker, when you worked at Freshfields did they have a fixed pass rate for their WG or was it based on candidates' percentile?
They didn’t have the WG back then - it was a verbal reasoning test! But it was a relatively low minimum benchmark and then the score was added to the application and consider alongside the application. I am not sure if that is still their approach though.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Njaliwe Ungwe

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.