TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B A

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 4, 2020
Have just submitted my HSF Winter VS application - does anyone know how long it takes to receive their online test and how long are you given to complete this?

ZaraB

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 13, 2020
Have just submitted my HSF Winter VS application - does anyone know how long it takes to receive their online test and how long are you given to complete this?
I think I heard from them the day after I appllied at around 9am

MizM

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
So I completed my HSF online test yesterday at 11am. Still have not heard anything regarding the outcome. I’ve seen that people normally get confirmation of reaching the benchmark a few hours after the completion of the test. Starting to worry now. Anyone here in a similar position?

Reactions: GXA123

Ollie_Law_1

Nov 30, 2020
Hi everyone,

Just completing Gowling WLG's vac scheme app, and had a queries about one of the questions:

'Please tell us, if you worked for a commercial law firm and had to deliver a client pitch, what would the client want you to cover to enable them to make a decision on who they instruct?' (350)

It says you work for a 'commercial law firm' - but should i link it back to Gowling? For example, a key part of a pitch would be the firm's technological/service capabilities. Should i state that these are important, and then say something to the effect that 'Gowling WLG's programmes X and Y and membership of the World Law Group ensure would be key details for the client to understand the capabilities of their lawyer' - or is this not really part of the question?

Thanks!

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    So I completed my HSF online test yesterday at 11am. Still have not heard anything regarding the outcome. I’ve seen that people normally get confirmation of reaching the benchmark a few hours after the completion of the test. Starting to worry now. Anyone here in a similar position?
    I think as it was the deadline yesterday so they were busy as deadline day applications were submitted so lots of people were submitting applications yesterday. I would not stress out too much about it.

Reactions: OB, ZaraB and MizM

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Me too!

Reactions: MizM

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone,

Just completing Gowling WLG's vac scheme app, and had a queries about one of the questions:

'Please tell us, if you worked for a commercial law firm and had to deliver a client pitch, what would the client want you to cover to enable them to make a decision on who they instruct?' (350)

It says you work for a 'commercial law firm' - but should i link it back to Gowling? For example, a key part of a pitch would be the firm's technological/service capabilities. Should i state that these are important, and then say something to the effect that 'Gowling WLG's programmes X and Y and membership of the World Law Group ensure would be key details for the client to understand the capabilities of their lawyer' - or is this not really part of the question?

Thanks!
    It doesn’t need to be linked to Gowling specifically. It’s just looking for you to consider the aspects that are important for a pitch.

Reactions: Pbali

em311

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 15, 2019
    Is there a recommended structure to follow for Ashurst's personal statement? Should it just be 'why law, why Ashurst, why you' or is something else better?

Reactions: bananak

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    Anyone who has applied to Linklaters, am I correct in saying that they don't ask for work experiences? When I applied, I did not see a section to write about work experiences.

Also, what are the type of WG questions of the 5 are included in the Capp test?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.