TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

manifestingtrainingcontract

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 24, 2023
    I have no advice for you so I’m sorry but to make you feel better I did a VI for Simmons WVS a few months back and farted whilst talking (quite loud).…. I tried to continue but started to laugh😭 I didn’t have time to say sorry. I don’t think grad rec found it funny as I was unsurprisingly unsuccessful! Got invite to apply again through 10K interns did my VI a few weeks ago and I think it went much smoother but its Never a PFO until they tell you😁 good luck!
    I can't sleep and ended up opening this forum... oh my god I laughed so loud I must have woken up some flatmates

• Haha
    Reactions: Legalstalker

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Eversheds Sutherland AC invite! Any advice and tips would be great - please message me!
    Congratulations! Very well done!!
    In terms of tips, what I would recommend is:

• Do your research when it comes to the assessment. Pay attention to the information they provide on the website and on the email regarding how the assessment will be structured. Additionally, reach out to future trainees or people who attended the vacation scheme last year as they are the ones that can provide you with the best information regarding how to approach the assessment, what to focus on etc.
    • Prepare your standard motivation questions on why law, why the firm, a favourite practice area and be ready to discuss these further. You never know what someone might be interested in and so they might focus on an answer you gave and go from there so be ready to discuss your interests in-depth.
    • Keep up to date with the relevant commercial news as this might come up in the interview. What I would do is always find links with the legal world and try to find how a certain political/social or economic event might affect the legal sector. This will help you be confident during the interview in case you get asked about a particular news you were not familiar with.
    Good luck with the assessment and congratulations once again!

Reactions: TeeA and Sharon Wu

Aga123+

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2021
    ✨Sending positive vibes to everyone (including myself) waiting to hear back from firms or trying to complete last-minute applications ✨- We've Got This!

You Got This Mental Health GIF by YouTube

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I've honestly been quite stumped that I didn't get even WG from Freshfields after working on their application for hours. Definitely didn't think I wasn't worthy of even being virtually tested
    Are you a penultimate year undergraduate? One of the most common reasons people will be unsuccessful is because they are not eligible for the programme.

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.